Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti Ham Net Live Feed

From Mike, N4QLB via the Feld Held Club:

Just a note to let you know that I have been managing an internet feed of the SATERN (Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network) to allow Media outlets and others to monitor Ham Radio Traffic into and out of Haiti. CNN and many other media are monitoring via my link. We have had over 2500 listeners in the last 2 days from around the world. So, all my equipment is tied up with this endeavor. The lack of power and fuel for the few generators in Haiti has made contact slow but several operators are in route to Port Au Prince so the activity will pickup soon. I plan to keep the link up 24/7 for the duration of the recovery effort.

The Live feed is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shackfeed. You can also follow announcements from my channel via twitter at www.twitter.com/n4qlb and the CNN Haiti News at www.twitter.com/cnnbrk/Haiti

Mike
N4QLB
Technical Manager FHC