I just got off the phone with Jack NeSmith's daughter. She and Jean wanted me to pass along that Jack "Grunt" NeSmith passed away this morning in a local hospital in Florida.
Jack was diagnosed a few weeks ago with brain cancer and went through surgery. Things were looking up and he was in high spirits. But in the end the radiation and chemo weakened him and pneumonia developed Monday. He went into the hospital Tuesday but things had progressed to far for a recovery.
Jack has been my close friend for well over 25 years. We shared a lot including daily telephone calls and visits. He was quite the character, loved scanners and in particular, milcom monitoring.
According to Jean there will not be a service, so we won't be heading down to FLA. If I learn anymore I will pass it along.
Rest in peace Jack. Gayle and I will miss you, as well as your many scanner/milcom friends.
Welcome to the Btown Monitoring Post, the official blog site of the Teak Publishing Co. in western North Carolina. This where we post current news items, radio related bulletins, and reference material that will be of interest to a wide variety of radio monitors. Copyright © 2006-2021 by Teak Publishing, who is solely responsible for the content on this blog. All rights reserved and redistribution these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to stories are permitted.
- Teak Publishing Amateur Radio Digital Voice Resource List
- The Spectrum Monitor Index 2014-2018
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline and Select Military Call Signs
- Russian Aviation HF Long Distance Frequencies
- VHF ACARS / HFDL (aka 'HF ACARS) 12 March 2021 Update
- U.S. Coast Guard/Navy HF Fax Station Schedules - U...
- Civilian Aero/Military HF Frequency List - Update 9 January 2023
Thursday, June 18, 2015
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)