Welcome to the Btown Monitoring Post, the official blog site of the Teak Publishing Co. in western North Carolina. This where we post current news items, radio related bulletins, and reference material that will be of interest to a wide variety of radio monitors. Copyright © 2006-2021 by Teak Publishing, who is solely responsible for the content on this blog. All rights reserved and redistribution these pages in any format without prior permission is prohibited. Links to stories are permitted.
- Teak Publishing Amateur Radio Digital Voice Resource List
- The Spectrum Monitor Index 2014-2018
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline and Select Military Call Signs
- Russian Aviation HF Long Distance Frequencies
- VHF ACARS / HFDL (aka 'HF ACARS) 12 March 2021 Update
- U.S. Coast Guard/Navy HF Fax Station Schedules - U...
- Civilian Aero/Military HF Frequency List - Update 9 January 2023
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Russian XPA2 Numbers Station transmitting from Cuba
Monitor "4D" is reporting on the UDXF/Spooks newsgroups that he monitored a Russian XPA2 numbers transmission on 13380 kHz from CUBA!!! He has posted a recording at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpwELd4ovDs. Prior to the XPA2 transmission Radio Havana Cuba (RHC) was noted on that frequency confirming the XPA2 transmission Cuban origin.
You can hear another sample of the station audio on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7YPBQ39dkg
"XPA" and "XPA2" are ENIGMA-2000 designations for polytonic tranismissions, reportedly originating from Russian Intelligence and Foreign Ministry stations. Recently the system was also described as "MFSK-20."
Additional reports on this station:
11587 XPA2 Tue 05242011 2214 USB
11036 XPA2 Tue 05242011 2222 USB From Cuba
Posted by Larry at 5/25/2011 06:44:00 AM
Labels: Number Stations, Russia
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)