- The Spectrum Monitor Index 2014-2018
- Civilian Aero/Military HF Frequency List - Update 18 Aug 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline and Select Military Call Signs
- Russian Aviation HF Long Distance Frequencies
- VHF ACARS / HFDL (aka 'HF ACARS) 23 Oct 2016 Update
- The Sounds of Radio Audio Library (Btown Monitoring Post)
- The Sounds of Global Radio Audio Library (Shortwave Central Blog)
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
MEASAT-3 Launched from Baikonur
The MEASAT-3 geostationary communications satellite was launched yesterday, December 11, 2006 from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
MEASAT-3 Launch Particulars:
Launch date/time: 11 December 2006 @ 2328 UTC (6:28 pm EST)
Launch location: Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan, Pad 39
International Designator: 2006-056A
SSC Number: 29648
Satellite Manufacturer/Model: Boeing 601HP
Mission Life: 15 years
This satellite is owned by MEASAT Satellite Systems (Binariang Satellite Systems Sdn. Bhd. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) and it will join the company's other two operational satellites in orbit. MEASAT 3 will be permanently positioned in geostationary orbit along the Equator at 91.5 degrees East longitude above the northeastern Indian Ocean. It will be co-located with MEASAT 1, which was launched in 1996, and has a design life of 12 years.
This satellite features an array of communications equipment, including 24 C-band and 24 Ku-band transponders. The C-band payload can reach customers across Asia, Australia, Africa, Eastern Europe and the Middle East in more than 100 nations. The Ku-band payload has been designed to provide high-powered flexible service options for the development of data services and Direct-to-Home applications in Malaysia, Indonesia, India and China.