- The Spectrum Monitor Index 2014-2018
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline and Select Military Call Signs
- Russian Aviation HF Long Distance Frequencies
- VHF ACARS / HFDL (aka 'HF ACARS) 30 August 2019 Update
- U.S. Coast Guard/Navy HF Fax Station Schedules - U...
- Civilian Aero/Military HF Frequency List - Update ...
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Merritt Island Launch Annex had little known -- but important -- launch role
CAPE CANAVERAL — For 45 years, an unassuming tracking station tucked behind Kennedy Space Center provided critical data, telemetry and voice communication links to hundreds of launching rockets, circling satellites and landing shuttles.
But the station known as MILA -- short for Merritt Island Launch Annex -- supported its last mission this month with shuttle Atlantis' launch and safe return.
In a ceremony Thursday morning, NASA officially decommissioned the aging facility before some components are salvaged for other sites and the rest is demolished.
You can read the rest of the copyrighted article at: Florida Today article