- The Spectrum Monitor Index 2014-2018
- Civilian Aero/Military HF Frequency List - Update 18 Aug 2019
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline and Select Military Call Signs
- Russian Aviation HF Long Distance Frequencies
- VHF ACARS / HFDL (aka 'HF ACARS) 23 Oct 2016 Update
- The Sounds of Radio Audio Library (Btown Monitoring Post)
- The Sounds of Global Radio Audio Library (Shortwave Central Blog)
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Iran has launched a satellite - Rasad 1
Accoding to Bob Christy, Iran has launched a micro satellite - Rasad 1 - on 15 Jun at 0920 UTC. Details on Bob's excellent website at http://www.zarya.info/Calendar.php
Ynetnews.com made the announcement of the launch on Iran's Arabic language al-Alam television on Wednesday. In February 2009, Iran launched its first domestically-built satellite, OMID.
The United States and its allies fear Iran is seeking to build nuclear bombs and are concerned that the long-range ballistic technology used to put satellites into orbit can also be used to launch warheads.
The Rasad 1 (Observation) satellite will be used for transmitting images and weather forecasts, TV reported.