- The Spectrum Monitor Index 2014-2018
- Civilian Air Cargo/Airline and Select Military Call Signs
- Russian Aviation HF Long Distance Frequencies
- VHF ACARS / HFDL (aka 'HF ACARS) 30 August 2019 Update
- U.S. Coast Guard/Navy HF Fax Station Schedules - U...
- Civilian Aero/Military HF Frequency List - Update ...
Friday, June 02, 2006
Numbers Stations Move From Shortwave to VoIP?
Author Michael Hampton on homelandstupdity.us posted an interesting article on May 31, 2006 about possible spy numbers broadcast over a VoIP setup from a small provider yet to be identified. You can read the entire story at The 212-796-0735 Phone Numbers Mystery/.
Mike is now reporting on June 1, 2006, a second telephone number, see A New Phone Numbers Station 415-704-0402.
Should be interesting to see where all this will evidently lead. Hoax or the real deal. Thanks to Phil Stripling and MT Editor Rachel Baughn for the heads up. Graphic used with permission from Monitoring Times magazine.
You can listen to an interesting NPR broadcast on numbers stations at
Lost And Found Sound: Numbers
Also check out Brett Sokol's piece Espionage is in the air.
Posted by Larry at 6/02/2006 08:04:00 AM